Selecting a Boise Mover
Best tip we can give you: This is not the time to be shy!
Make sure you fully understand each service a moving company offers and the rate at which those services can be provided. Below is a list of questions you should ask your mover as you shop for the perfect fit.
- Is your moving company licensed?
- Does your company charge by the piece or by the hour?
- Do you have a minimum charge? How do you charge after the minimum is met - in 15-minute increments or every half hour?
- Do you charge extra for larger items such as pianos and large screen televisions, or for any extra flights of stairs?
- Do you charge for moving pads or stretch wrap?
- Do you charge for the travel time from your office to my home?
- Do you charge extra for evening or weekend moves?
- What payment options are available? (Many companies require a deposit.)
- Do you have full-time, uniformed employees or do you use temps and day labor? (Be cautious of companies that use temps or day labor because they may not be properly insured.)
- Do you carry Worker's Compensation for your employees?
- What kind of training have your movers and drivers completed?
- Are items insured during the move? (Even if a mover is bonded and insured, it doesn't mean that your items are covered during the move.)
- What valuation or insurance options do you offer? (Some moving companies offer valuation options above the required minimum at an additional cost.)
- What is the cancellation policy? (You should always be able to cancel or postpone until a few days before your move.)
- Do you offer free moving quotes? (For homes larger than three bedrooms, try to get an on-site estimate done. Be thorough in identifying all the items you need moved. Don't forget the basement and the attic.)
- Do you have suggestions on how to make the move easier? (Movers who care about customer service and making your move a positive experience will do all they can to help you.)
- Do you have a contact number for the day of the move should any challenges arise?
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Boise offers a wide selection of competitively priced moving boxes and packing supplies. We deliver free of charge and will refund what you don't use.
Trained, professional packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need.
Get helpful packing and moving tips from the experts to make your move as easy as possible.