Home Moving Tips
Avoid moving day headaches and prepare for the big day with these easy tips.
- Make reservations for movers two to four weeks before your expected move date.
- For large appliances, check your owner's manuals for any special moving instructions.
- Don't attempt to get rid of your children's favorite things before the move - even if it simplifies moving. Kids sometimes have a tough time dealing with the change of the move itself.
- As you take apart furniture and other items, tape all parts to the main base.
- By law, a moving company can't transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, bottled gases, and other flammables such as ammunition or explosives. Plan ahead for these items.
- Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it's time to move.
- Two weeks prior to your move, don't forget to transfer school records.
- Make a "survival closet" of things for the last cleanup before you move out – broom, dust cloth, dust pan, and mop.
- Remember to stock up on snacks for move day.
- Schedule disconnect times about a week before your move day - you don't want to have to pay for cable, phone, and utilities beyond move day!
- Cancel newspapers, cable, pest control, cleaning help, and lawn services about a week before the move.
- Mail in your change of address forms a week before your move date.
- Clean your stove and other appliances prior to moving out.
- The day before your move, defrost the fridge.
- Make sure to get enough cash to get you through move day.
- Take time to say goodbye to friends and neighbors before your busy move day.
- If you are depending on friends and family to help you move, have a back-up plan if they don't show.
Home Moving Terms
Full-replacement value coverage - the amount of money to purchase a new replacement for a damaged item regardless of the age of the item.
Loss and damage protection - all licensed movers in Boise offer minimum carrier liability. Some companies offer additional options including valuation and insurance.
Inventory - the detailed descriptive list of your household goods showing the quantity and condition of each item
Standard coverage - movers are required by law to provide a minimum amount of free coverage
Tariff - the carrier rates provisions for every aspect of moving a shipment from one location to another
Valuation - the degree of "value" in a shipment; the valuation charge compensates the mover for assuming a greater degree of liability than is provided for in its base transportation charge.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Boise offers a wide selection of competitively priced moving boxes and packing supplies. We deliver free of charge and will refund what you don't use.
Trained, professional packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need.
Get helpful packing and moving tips from the experts to make your move as easy as possible.